The new Corona virus Covid-19 – information for children
A clear illustrated information leaflet about the new Corona virus Covid-19 for children between the ages of 8 and 12 years.
Corona: it’s on all our minds these days and we are not talking about anything else. Children are not allowed to go to school. But what is it exactly? In which circumstances is it okay to play outside (if even allowed in your country, off course)? Which people are more vulnerable to get seriously ill? Do I have an “ordinary” flu or Corona? What exactly is herd immunity, and why woudn’t it be for the better if we all got sick quickly?
Download the information leaflet and print it on 2 sheets.
This infographic is a collaboration of emeritus Science Communication Professor Jos van den Broek and Irene Cecile Educational Illustrations.
More educational material & news sites for children about the Corona virus Covid-19
- Nicely illustrated poster on washing your hands on the tune of “Frère Jacques” (Lucy Knisley)
- Generate your own hand washing infographic, based on your favourite song lyrics
- Small folding booklet about Corona for children (Malaka Gharib/ NPR)
- Beautiful animated visualizations of virus spread, group immunity, ‘flatten the curve’ and the influence of a lockdown / quarantaine and social distancing (Washington Post)
- A clear explanation on why to wash your hands, the effect of soap on virusses and an experiment on how germs spread all over a classroom (Vox, Mark Rober, Kottke)
- BBC Newsround: news on Corona for kids
- CBC Kids News on Corona
Check out other educational illustrations:
Do you have a question, remark, do you want a quotation or just a cup of thee. Please email me!